Consistent with the job responsibilities and the Miss America philosophy, the following are some qualities and attributes of a Miss America.
- Role model who cares about her role and other women’s roles in society;
- Physically conscientious women with a confident and commanding presence;
- Ambassador and public relations representative of the Miss America Organization;
- Talented and intelligent;
- An activist on issues she deems important;
- Independent and eloquent communicator with the courage of her convictions;
- Accomplished individual whose represents the modern American woman;
- A leader by virtue of her experiences;
- One who takes personal pride in physical fitness and health.