To participate in the Miss Ohio’s Outstanding Teen Scholarship
Program, contestants must meet the following eligibility requirements.
To compete at the Miss Ohio’s Outstanding Teen Scholarship Program a contestant must be between the ages of 13 and 17. The breakdown for this age bracket is as follows:
- A contestant must be at least 13 years of age and at least in the eight grade on the date of the Miss Ohio Outstanding Teen Scholarship Program.
- A contestant may be 17 and a junior on the date of the Miss America Outstanding Teen Program.
- A contestant may NOT be 17 and eligible to compete in the Miss America Program.
All contestants will compete in the following areas of competition:
- Private Interview (30% of Total Score)
- Talent (35% of Total Score) *
- Evening Wear (15% of Total Score)
- Lifestyle and Fitness in Sportswear (10% of Total Score)
- On Stage Question (5% of Total Score)
- Scholastic Achievement (5% of Total Score)
To compete a contestant will have to supply the following items:
- A “Head & Shoulders” photo [wallet size & can be digital (300DPI or larger) or physical copy].
- A photocopy of Birth Certificate or Drivers License
- All paperwork for National, State, and Local Program’s filled out properly and signed.
- An enclosed talent information form. (First one in has first choice of talent). **
- Any and all applicable Miss Ohio Outstanding Teen entry fees due for competition.
* Please note that all talent presentations may not exceed 2 minutes.
** Contestants should provide 2 CD’s of their music accompaniment (if applicable) at orientation.
All contestants in the Miss Ohio Outstanding Teen Scholarship Program
must display the following characteristics to be a successful contestant.
Miss Ohio’s Outstanding Teen Must Be All Of The Following:
- An ambassador of the teen pageant organization
- Well spoken
- Attractive, with a confident, comfortable, and commanding presence
- Intelligent and an eloquent communicator
- A proven achiever
- A leader by virtue of her accomplishments
- A role model who inspires and relates to young people
- A role model who cares about her community
- Committed to a platform issue of broad public interest
- Able to relate to young people
- Outgoing and approachable
- Reflective of teens her age
- Energetic, charismatic, and outgoing
- Mature enough to handle the responsibilities
- Manageable and flexible
- Enthusiastic about working with her pageant family
- Able to understand that her year is what she makes it
- A teen with a sense of gratitude and humility
- Able to speak with teens from all walks of life and make them feel comfortable around her
- Able to completely understand her position and how important her actions are to the overall success of the Miss America’s outstanding teen program at the local, state, and national levels.
Please note that all paperwork must be filled out in it’s entirety for any and all local and / or state competitions. Also, due to problems with the constant changing and updating of paperwork the director of the program asks that all potential contestants please contact her directly for the latest paperwork at the address listed below.
Miss Ohio Outstanding Teen Scholarship Program
C/O Drena McCurdy
122 Holiday Hill
Lexington, OH 44904
Phone (419) 884-1992