Consistent with the job responsibilities and the Miss America philosophy, the following are some qualities and attributes of a Miss America.
- Role model who cares about her role and other women’s roles in society;
- Physically conscientious women with a confident and commanding presence;
- Ambassador and public relations representative of the Miss America Organization;
- Talented and intelligent;
- An activist on issues she deems important;
- Independent and eloquent communicator with the courage of her convictions;
- Accomplished individual whose represents the modern American woman;
- A leader by virtue of her experiences;
The Miss Ohio/Miss America Scholarship Program is a wonderful way for young women to raise scholarship dollars and further develop as strong, confident women. Below are some of the eligibility requirements to participate.
To compete, you must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Ohio residency status meeting one of the following:
– Resident of Ohio for 60 Days
– Full time employee in Ohio for 60 Days
– Full time college student in Ohio
– Full time college student in another state with permanent residence in Ohio.
- Between the ages of 18 and 25 Never been married or pregnant
- Never convicted of a crime
- Personal involvement with a community/social issue, referred to as “your Social Impact Initiative”
- Please review the Miss America Contestant Contract for additional eligibility requirements
CANDIDATE PAPERWORK & REQUIREMENTS
Click the link below to download a ZIP file containing the documents required for all Miss Ohio Local Programs. Some locals may have additional requirements so be sure to check with the Local Executive Director when applying to enter a Local Preliminary.
The ZIP package contains the following documents…
Candidate Contract – Complete On-Screen & Print
Scholarship Rules & Regulations
CMNH Registration Instructions
Competition Rules & Guidelines
Mandatory Events Info
No Show Rules
Social Impact Initiative Instructions
Social Impact Initiative Sample
Social Impact Initiative Template
Ready to compete?
Click the link below to find out where and when to compete.