ARE YOU THE NEXT MISS OHIO’S OUTSTANDING TEEN?
To participate in the Miss Ohio’s Outstanding Teen Local Programs,
contestants must meet the following eligibility requirements.
Between the ages of 13 and 17. The breakdown for this age bracket is as follows:
- A contestant must be at least 13 years of age and at least in the eight grade on the June 13, 2018
- A contestant may be as old as 17 and a junior on the date of the Miss America Outstanding Teen Program.
- A contestant may NOT be 17 and eligible to compete in the Miss America Program.
All contestants will compete in the following areas of competition:
- Private Interview
- Evening Wear/On-Stage Question
- Lifestyle and Fitness in Sportswear
Below is the paperwork required for most Local Outstanding Teen preliminaries. However, some local preliminary pageants may have additional information and/or paperwork. Please be sure to check with the local Executive Director or visit the local’s website to ensure you aren’t missing anything!
Click on the link below to download the ZIP file that contains the local contestant documents:
The ZIP package contains the following documents…
Contestant Contract – Print & Complete
CMNH Registration Instructions
Scholarship Rules & Regulations
Age & Education Eligibility Rules
Competition Rules & Guidelines
Mandatory Events Info
No Show Rules
QUALITIES OF A MISS OHIO’S OUTSTANDING TEEN:
- An ambassador of the teen pageant organization
- Well spoken
- Attractive, with a confident, comfortable, and commanding presence
- Intelligent and an eloquent communicator
- A proven achiever
- A leader by virtue of her accomplishments
- A role model who inspires and relates to young people
- A role model who cares about her community
- Committed to a platform issue of broad public interest
- Able to relate to young people
- Outgoing and approachable
- Reflective of teens her age
- Energetic, charismatic, and outgoing
- Mature enough to handle the responsibilities
- Manageable and flexible
- Enthusiastic about working with her pageant family
- Able to understand that her year is what she makes it
- A teen with a sense of gratitude and humility
- Able to speak with teens from all walks of life and make them feel comfortable around her
- Able to completely understand her position and how important her actions are to the overall success of the Miss America’s outstanding teen program at the local, state, and national levels.