Compete for Miss Ohio or Miss Ohio’s Teen 2024!
Submit this form 👇 to recieve a complete guide on registering, preparing, and competing. This form below does NOT register you to compete at Miss Ohio.
FAQ & MORE INFO
BECOME A CANDIDATE: REGISTRATION CHECKLIST
- Step 1: Download the Journaling Guide to help you with the paperwork (Fill out the form above to download the journal-based workbook)
- Step 2: Pick the Local Competition you’d like to compete in! Click here for a list of locals.
- Step 3: Register with Miss America ($39.99) Note: Need help funding your registration? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 4: Fill out the Paperwork and email it to the local director
- Step 5: Once your registration is confirmed, all you have to do is prepare for the competition!
COULD YOU BE MISS OHIO?
Consistent with the job responsibilities of Miss Ohio and the Miss America philosophy, the following are some qualities and attributes of a Miss America.
- Role model who cares about her role and other women’s roles in society
- Physically conscientious woman with a confident and commanding presence
- Ambassador and public relations representative of the Miss America Organization
- Talented and intelligent
- An activist on issues she deems important
- Independent and eloquent communicator with the courage of her convictions
- Accomplished individual whose represents the modern American woman
- A leader by virtue of her experiences
The Miss Ohio/Miss America Scholarship Program is a wonderful way for young women to raise scholarship dollars and further develop as strong, confident women. Below are some of the eligibility requirements to participate.
To compete, you must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Ohio residency status meeting one of the following:
– Resident of Ohio for 30 Days
– Full-time employee in Ohio for 30 Days
– Full-time student in Ohio
– Full time student in another state with permanent residence in Ohio
- Age 18-28 (birth year between 1996 and 2006) (not old enough? Check out the TEEN program!)
- Never been married or a parent
- Never convicted of a crime
- Please review the Miss America Candidate Agreement included in the candidate paperwork package below for additional eligibility requirements.
AM I A MISS OR A TEEN CONTESTANT?
Starting this season, your birth year will determine your eligibility to compete as a MISS or a TEEN contestant.
- Those with birth years of 1996 to 2005 will compete as a MISS Contestant.
- Those with birth years of 2007 to 2010 will compete as a TEEN Contestant
- Those with a birth year of 2006 may choose to compete as either a MISS or TEEN Contestant. However, once you choose to be a MISS or TEEN, you cannot switch during the season.Contestants under 18 years of age will require a Parent or Legal Guardian to sign all documents and online forms.
MISS AMERICA REGISTRATION FEE
Miss Candidates will need to register with the Miss America Organization and pay a once-per-local season fee of $39.99.
Registration details are included in the candidate paperwork package below.
Click the link below to download a ZIP file containing the documents required for all Miss Ohio Local Programs. Some locals may have additional requirements so be sure to check with the Local Executive Director when applying to enter a Local Preliminary.
The paperwork package above contains the following documents:
- Detailed Information and Instructions
- Local Application
- Competition Rules & Guidelines
- Interview Fact Sheet Instructions, Sample & Template
- Community Service Initiative Essay Instructions, Sample & Template
- Links to complete and electronically sign the MAO Contestant Application & Agreement
- Mandatory Events Info
- No Show Rules
It doesn’t have to be complicated! We created a guide to help you register. Complete the form above to download the workbook.
WHAT ARE THE AREAS OF COMPETITION?
There are FIVE(5) Phases of Competition, Private Interview, On-Stage Conversation, Health & Fitness, Talent/HERStory, Evening Gown.
WANT TO COMPETE TO BE MISS OHIO IN JUNE 2024?
You may enter a Local Competition to win a Local Title and qualify as a Miss Ohio 2024 State Contestant. We will publish information in early January about becoming a Direct Entry contestant to Miss Ohio 2024.
Miss Ohio Local start July 1, 2023 and end March 31, 2024. These local lead to the Miss Ohio STATE Competition in June 2024 which then leads to the Miss America National Competition in January 2025.
It’s easier with a guide.
That’s why we created an all-explaining, interactive, journaling-based guide that walks you through the process of competing in your local competition! From registering to filling out the paperwork to mastering that red carpet walk, this interactive journaling-based booklet is here to help.
Fill out the form above to recieve the guide! Check your email once submitted.