ARE YOU THE NEXT MISS OHIO’S OUTSTANDING TEEN?
To participate in the Miss Ohio’s Outstanding Teen Local Programs, contestants must meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Birthday is between Jan 1 2004 and June 14, 2010 (too old for Teen? Check out the MISS program!)
- Resident or full-time student of Ohio
- Be a United States Citizen
- Never been married or a parent
Teen Candidates will need to register with the Miss America Organization and pay a once-per-local season fee of $35. Those that register will receive the following benefits;
- Access to compete in local Miss/Teen Competitions
- Access to our exclusive Professional Development Series with experts in areas such as:
- Social Media training
- Public speaking
- Media/Press training
- Advocacy & Fundraising
- Financial literacy
- Health & Wellness / Peak Performance training
- Resume building
- Career opportunities and networking events
- Exclusive Miss America merchandise and discounts
Below is the paperwork required for ALL Miss Ohio Local Outstanding Teen preliminaries. However, some local preliminaries may have additional information and/or paperwork. Please be sure to check with the local Executive Director or visit the local’s website to ensure you aren’t missing anything!
Click on the link below to download the ZIP file that contains the local contestant documents:
The ZIP package contains the following documents…
- Candidate Agreement
- Scholarship Rules & Regulations
- Competition Rules & Guidelines
- Mandatory Events Info
- No Show Rules
- Social Impact Initiative Instructions
- Social Impact Initiative Sample
- Social Impact Initiative Template
- Resume Sample
QUALITIES OF A MISS OHIO’S OUTSTANDING TEEN:
- An ambassador of the Miss Ohio’s Outstanding Teen organization
- Well spoken
- Attractive, with a confident, comfortable, and commanding presence
- Intelligent and an eloquent communicator
- A proven achiever
- A leader by virtue of her accomplishments
- A role model who inspires and relates to young people
- A role model who cares about her community
- Committed to a platform issue of broad public interest
- Able to relate to young people
- Outgoing and approachable
- Reflective of teens her age
- Energetic, charismatic, and outgoing
- Mature enough to handle the responsibilities
- Manageable and flexible
- Enthusiastic about working with her pageant family
- Able to understand that her year is what she makes it
- A teen with a sense of gratitude and humility
- Able to speak with teens from all walks of life and make them feel comfortable around her
- Able to completely understand her position and how important her actions are to the overall success of the Miss America’s outstanding teen program at the local, state, and national levels.
READY TO COMPETE?
To be eligible to compete in Miss Ohio, you must win a ‘local’ competition. Click the link below to find out where and when to compete in a preliminary local competition!
IT’S EASIER WITH A GUIDE.
That’s why we created an all-explaining, interactive, journaling-based guide that walks you through the process of competing in your local competition! From registering to filling out the paperwork to mastering that red carpet walk, this interactive journaling-based booklet is here to help!